Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Long Live The Gunt

Why is it that it's a penny for your thoughts, but if one desires to put forth their opinion it is referred to as their two cents? The price doubles based on who wants the opinion to be given? Sounds like a scam to me.

Why is it, also, that every time I type the word "why" with a capital W, it manges to capitalize the H as well? No other W word does this. That H really wants itself to be known, doesn't it? I understand: it's semi-silent in the word "why" and is not outspoken in several other words as well. It's too much of a sound qualifier, like in "ch" or "sh" and doesn't stand well on it's own. It's like a bit charecter in a sitcom: It may work in context with the other charecters, but the spinoff will never get off the ground.

Again, in case you couldn't tell, I really have nothing to post about. I had several ideas floating in my head, but they were mainly dumb and/or couldn't be expanded properly. And yet I felt I ought to post. Why? Boredom rearing its ugly head once again. I check my e-mail probably seven times a day. Occasionally I'll actually get one. I swear, I think the main reason I post is just to get some god damned e-mail. Why do I spend so much time on the internet? Obvious answer: I'm in college. Next most obvious answer: It's easy. Oh so easy. It's very low-level entertainment with little to no effort. I mean, I have to plug in my TV if I want to watch it. That takes, like, at least 15 seconds, and don't get me started on how much getting up from my comatose sitting position it takes. Here's a hint: More than I desire to do. This is my typical Monday. I'm usually better later in the week. I don't even understand why Monday; I never have anything to do. So why do I pick that day out of all of them to laze around? I dunno. Seems appropiate. Seems like the thing to do. Everyone else is doing it. I think later in the week, once I have some momentum and things start to progress and, hey, occur, I have a little more motivation to do something other than remind myself of how little I have to do.

Why don't I have any homework this quarter? Is there something I'm missing? Is something going to spring out at me when I least expect it, like some sort of jungle cat? I think having no work is more annoying than having work, because I always feel like I have something but I just don't know what it is. I would much rather have something to do and be sure of it. Yeah, I say that now, but when this whole school thing starts to actually take down its trenchcoat and show me the goods, I'll be longing for these days of sweet torpid lethargy (thank you, oh Thesaurus, for making me sound smarter than I really am).

I don't know if I can stand one ply toilet paper any more. Sure, it's free, but I might as well be wiping with a carboard box. My anus is starting to feel like an open wound.

Send me an e-mail if you have time. I get... so lonely...

8 Comments:

Blogger MC Harv said...

Wow.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Chejo said...

One ply toliet paper is shit, no pun intended. I truly feel sorry for the girls. I wonder how much schools actually save by skipping out on the double-ply. Cheap bastards.

9:43 AM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

"but when this whole school thing starts to actually take down its trenchcoat and show me the goods, I'll be longing for these days of sweet torpid lethargy"

how is that nothing? you should be getting multiple e-mails by now...

11:59 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

did the analogies help with your boredom? it helped with mine.

ok, I'll send you an email. but first I have to think of something else to say.

1:20 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:20 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

why are you so crabby, mb? you're obviously not short on sleep.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Whenever I sleep too much i get crabby.

4:15? Hah, I've slept until 9:00 at night before. Don't ask.

"It's like a bit charecter in a sitcom: It may work in context with the other charecters, but the spinoff will never get off the ground."

Bahaha but at least H isn't as bad as X. Now there's a lonely letter. You think you're lonely? Imagine how X feels.

10:30 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Are you kidding? X is like the Dolemite of the alphabet. X is badass, X is hardcore. Why do you think advertising and rock radio is in love with it?

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter