Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Glitter Pain

You know what this country needs? Another positive, heartwarming movie about an uplifting basketball coach. We haven't had very many of those, and I think it's about time this country learned, through film, that you can do anything you set your mind to. I think MTV Films should do it, too, because they always produce quality movies. Oh, and I think we need more singers who want to be actresses. Some of them could be in the movie. And then their song can be the theme and the music video can incorporate clips from the movie! Wow! I'm surprised no one has latched onto this excellent marketing strategy yet.

It would also be really nice if we had some sort of TV show where undiscovered singers can make it big, because if there's one thing this great country lacks, it's pop singers. The past twenty years has shown us a real slump in young, attractive indivudals who make lots of money by having their vocals watered down and appearing on VH1. And this show could also feature singers who overexaggerate how bad their singing voice is on national television, because, I tell ya, that certainly never gets old! And then we could give those people record contracts because they're so silly! Ha ha!

Oh, and while we're at it, where are the expose pieces in magazines about celebrities, huh? I mean, I know where Iraq is on a map and can easily explain to you how our politcal system operates, but I don't know a damn thing about the personal lives of celebrities! I am really interested in Paris Hilton, but since she's just a lowly model, actress, heiress, sex scandal participant and snobby celebutant bitch she doesn't get any press. It's sad, really. And where have Mary Kate and Ashley Olson been all this time? It's like a friggin' news drought when it comes to inconsequential celebrities! I swear, if our children don't know crucial things like who Jessica Alba is dating and what took place at Britney Spears' wedding, our nation is going to be in trouble. Uneducated youth is not something to laugh at. This is their future we're talking about.

God dammit, America needs to make some changes. We put so much importance on trivial things like tragedy overseas and literacy. What we need is more schlocky movies, god dammit! And if I don't hear a song with the words "crunk", "club" or "drop it like it's hot" soon, I'm gonna go nuts! These are the most criminally underused terms, and frankly we need to amend this. Come on, America! We can do this!

15 Comments:

Blogger T Kwong said...

I think we also need films with indie soundtracks and overly done plot lines.

Not to mention whiny, angsting hipsters with acoustic guitars. We need LOTS more of those; more New York, "dance punk," too!
---
Sarcasm is the greatest thing ever.

-Thomas

8:06 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

I... don't have any idea what that means...

12:57 AM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

It's a good thing. I'm ashamed that I know what it mean, but I have lots o' nerd friends.

-Thomas

6:33 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

Where's your jacking-off post, Jack? Greg has started a "thing." Sort of a childhood-memories-meets-horny- guy post.

And you're so good at imagery...

2:57 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

I don't think I have one... I suppose I could do one, but then I'd just be following the crowd. That and it would take time away from jacking off.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Aww Jack there's nothing wrong with joining the crowd. As a matter of fact its only been me and sex so far, so if you wrote about choking the chicken you'd make it a crowd. We need ya buddy.

7:54 PM  
Blogger joey said...

C'mon Jack, both you and I know that just because MTV Films produces it doesn't mean its bad. They brought us Beavis & Butthead Do America and Alexander Payne's masterpiece, Election.

10:38 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Ok, I'll go over this ONE MORE TIME. Just like I didn't actually write about Brad and Jen, but only wrote about people talking about them; I DID NOT write about Masturbation (why do I have the urge to capitalize that word?) I only wrote about people (namely the two of you) WRITING about Masturbation.

Is Masturbation a proper noun or something? I need Krypto to clarify that for me.

10:38 PM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Masturbation is not a proper noun in this instance.

-Thomas

6:59 AM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Don't turn my blog into a house of shoulds!

3:19 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Oh, and Joey? Two words: Joe's Apartment.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Anand. I saw Coach Carter the other day with my little cousins hoping for a positive movie to make me feel better. There is a heart warming subplot where one of the basketball players gets his girlfriend pregnant then dumps her. She gets an abortion and then he lets her get back together with him. One of the player's uncle is shot in a drug deal and then the team loses the big game. The shitty movie didn't even deliver on it's promise of a cliche happy movie. i went home a cried.

4:08 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Wow, that's rather depressing. I'll never shoot the jay again.

5:14 PM  
Blogger joey said...

Jack, you ever heard the phrase "don't judge a book by its cover"? Joe's Apartment does not cancel out Election. In fact, I never saw it, so it's nothing to me.

4:57 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Hi Jack!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter