Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Judge My Emotions Based On What I Wrote Below

I wish they had a disclaimer on each movie that let you know ahead of time if it will be lame after multiple viewings, like having a number to tell you how many viewings it'd be good for.

Anchorman - 25 (less if you have roommates who repeat the lines constantly)
Serenity - 2
Crash - 1.5
Encino Man - 0 but that's okay
Soul Plane - Come on, I think you know already

Also, a disclaimer about which movies hold up after you are no longer a child. If a movie you saw as a child doesn't hold up as an adult, it should let you know so you can never watch it again and forever keep that nostalgia in your head. I wish I could once again be one of those 20 somethings who still thinks Darkwing Duck is the shit, but unfortunantly, I just can't.


Oh, and sort of related, I am angry with someones online profile. They stated, incorrectly, that Bart Vs. the Space Mutants was the best Simpsons video game of all time. This is simply not true. In the long line of Simpsons related video games throughout history, Bart Vs. the Space Mutants may be a contender, but is by no means the best ever. I believe you only say this to prove that you are an old-school gamer and are aware of moderately obscure video games. These things are an absolute necessity to make the online community aware of, true, but to make faulty claims is simply not excusable. Shallow individuals like yourself will respect your insipid name-dropping, but anyone who has played Bart's Homework will certainly be forced to rush to their little online journals and vent incessantly on the comparison. With heavy-hitters in the Simpsons line, including Virtual Bart, the Simpsons arcade game, and even the newcomer Hit and Run (won't earn you any old-school points but a realist will see this was a decent game), one can easily see that Bart Vs. the Space Mutants, though a good game, certainly, was simply an early attempt to convey the adventures of Bart Simpson in the early stages of video gamery. It is respectable, by all means, but to put it above the other obviously superior games (Krusty's Super Fun House being my personal favorite) comes from an attempt at internet egoism and not hard facts. (Oh and I know how silly this all is cuz I don't even remember the site this guys profile was on nor does it matter even but I felt it needed to be said so thank you thank you for your time good day)

17 Comments:

Blogger thtgrl said...

Q-bert.

9:54 AM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

I think actors should have a similar rating system (number of movies before the suck occurs).

-Thomas

9:59 AM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Here, hold a cake. Cake is fun to hold. Mmm cake.

12:54 PM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Cake...

Unzipla was my word, but it should be a sandwhich baggie from Korea.

-Thomas

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, clearly they are wrong sir, as Final Fantasy 7 holds that cake. on a related note, the movie Final Fantasy Advant Children is the bee's knees. if you haven't seen it (which you probably haven't because you suck and it's only been released in japan) then steal from the intro net if you can and then have your mind blown to bits. Gily-G

6:37 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

I don't know. I just read a glowing review of Hooters Road Trip Three. Glowing, I tell you.



snyyyun

It sounds like someone trying not to sneeze.

10:42 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

You asshole. Show me where Bart Simpson shows up and causes mischief in Final Fantasy 7. Show me that part. Download a screenshot from your precious BitTorrent or whatever the piss if need be. Oh wait, you can't because FF7 IS NOT A FUCKING SIMPSONS GAME. Where would the cake go? Nowhere. Also, I don't need your opinion on what things are knees of bees. Thinking you all special cuz you can download something off the internet that can only be seen in Japan? I know tons of people who saw it way before you did, and they all smear mucus on their testicles while jacking off onto a mirror. I can only assume you correlate.

(ps sorry but you did say i suck and i can't have none of that)

12:59 AM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Remember bitches: Jack don't play.






EXCEPT WITH FIRE! OHHHHH!!!

Lxmscn. Sounds like an afterschool activity. "Licks Ms. Can."

-Thomas

1:56 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

I don't mess, nor do I fuck around. You start some shit, you best be ready to throw down, cuz your way come the horns, bitch.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to congratulate T Kwong on the speech he gave to my Journalism 1001 class today. It was brief, but if we learned ANYTHING from Hamlet it's that brevity is the soul of wit! Thanks for working in a radio station and piquing my interest as to what that experience may be like!

Hi,
Mikel


P.S. Bart vs. The Space Mutants was borderline unplayable. All videogames based off of TV/movie franchises are pretty godawful.

2:28 PM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Wha? Wait, how did I miss someone I knew in that class? I'm confused.

-Thomas

4:48 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Man, I tend to disagree. I loved all those crappy Genesis games they pumped out to coincide with a movie release. Many of them were better than the movie. Batman Forever, anyone?

8:00 PM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Maybe your taste is just really shitty.

Snap.

-Thomas

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me just say: pwned, i.e. me by you. i've been a bit obsessive lately about that game, so i had some blinders on. and i don't think i'm special because i can download something, because if you recall i can't. i'm like some sort of fetus in that regard. and for the record, smearing mucus on one's testicles while jacking off into a mirror is a perfectly acceptable way to spend an eveninge, although it's also a pretty effective way to ruin a cake. toodles, gilygameshy

12:45 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Friends?

Friends!

Fhecvdk! (Up and coming Norwegian death metal band)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait... so you are saying that Darkwing Duck is no longer the shit?
Somehow I feel my whole world crashing down around me

9:43 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

It hurts, I know, and I hate to be the one to break it to you... But DuckTales still kicks ass, if you need a nostalgic talking duck fix, which, in this day and age, who doesn't?

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter