Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Wouldn't Want To Disturb The Ducks

Oh man. My week was just made. I like it when my week is made right at the very beginning. It's annoying when it gets made at the end because there's not really enough of it left to count as a full week. I suppose it doesn't have to be a strict calendar week, but then I start to confuse myself with exact times and dates. It's so much easier when it happens on a Monday like it did today, especially since it purports to be a pretty shitty week. But since it has now been made, I am feeling upbeat and positive about everything.

What was it that made my week, you ask? Why, I went to see Shonen Knife!!! Yay!!! I absolutely adore those girls; they rock so hard and dress so cute. I've wanted to see them forever and ever, and finally I have, and what perfect timing too! They had big old smiles on their faces the whole show... It made me giddy with childish glee. The world needs Shonen Knife. May they stay just as they are for all of time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I gave them a try. I really did. Just can't get into that quirky twee pop. It scares me. And plus I have an aversion to chic singers. Yet I love a dude who can sing like a chic. Fucking wierd.

2:46 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

I no like the chic singers either.
However, I'm glad they made you so happy, Jack.

9:20 AM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Sex's long seated sexism finally comes to the surface, you jerk. Me, I'm a fan of singers I enjoy, but I think everyone can agree to hate over the top singers of any gender.

Why the heck is Shonen Knife touring? I mean, I'm not complaining other than the fact that they skipped my town, but they don't exactly have new material out do they?

-Thomas

11:40 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

I've never pretended that I don't prefer men over women in nearly every circumstance, Tommy. I can only take so much of women singers before they grate on my nerves. But then, that's how I am with most singers, so whatev. Tad tetchy today, eh?

I've never even heard of these people. But I'm going to look them up now so I can find out what Jack thinks is cute attire and taunt him with it on my blog.

12:16 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

They most definitely do have new mateial out; they played a bunch of new songs. New album's release date is not set yet, but soon.

I love chick singers. And I love quirky twee pop when done well. It rarely is, but Shonen Knife are the queens of the Earth when it comes to hardcore punk-pop.

You sexists make me sick. What is this, 1910?

1:44 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

"And plus I have an aversion to chic singers. Yet I love a dude who can sing like a chic. Fucking wierd."

I'm so sorry, Jack. I think Greg and I are sharing a brain on this one. Whatever helps you get your rocks off, man. It's OK to love twee bop.

3:10 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

I'm not sexist, per say. I just like boys better. Boys, ummm. Their muscles and their tummies and the backs of their necks and that place right at the waistband of your boxers...

Ok. Gotta go.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter