Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Maybe N.W.A. Just Didn't Like "Roxeanne"

Hey, are you on the Facebook? How about MySpace? How about AIM? What's your AIM name? How about MSN Messenger? Then you've got a LiveJournal, right? I know you have a Xanga. You've got to have a Xanga. What's your oh-so-clever moniker, so I can look you up on the internet and we can pretend to be friends? I need to add more people to my buddy list so I can feel secure with myself as a popular individual. We can chat online and relay our list of favorite media to one another so we can each feel like we're indie by knowing who the Arcade Fire is. How's your rating on Hot or Not? Are an appropiate number of random people you'll never meet jerking off to it? How many e-mails did you get today? I got a whole bunch; I should forward you some of the really unique jokes I got from my friend Tadzillicus from Argentina who is apparantly a real life samurai! See any silly clips of crazy unrestrained wackiness on eBaum's World today? Have you seen the one where the kid is singing along to a cheesy pop song and doing ever-so-silly dance moves to it? Oh my god, you haven't seen it? Drop everything. I'm sending you the link. Funniest thing ever in the history of forever and ever! I was DYING! Let's reference that clip next time we're outside really loud so everyone can hear how cool we are. I suggest we use that clip in conversation every time we talk to each other, at least until the new most hilarious internet clip ever presents itself to us. Hey, do you know if this band is any good? My friend has them in their profile, you know, next to all the smilies and movie quotes. There, I just downloaded their entire discography in six seconds. Did you see the new Family Guy? Yeah, I saw it six weeks before it came out; someone leaked it onto the internet. Oh man, did you see this clip where this guy sings about America? It's soooooo funny!!! da_dawg-haus-696969696969696969696969696969666 and I were laughing forever! Isn't irony that smacks you over the head just the funniest damn thing ever?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate the internet. Having a blog makes me feel dirty because now when people ask if I belong to any internet communities, I have to tell them begrudgingly that, yes, I do, and hang my head in shame. I try to justify it by saying all I do in this blog is talk about how blogs suck, but then I realize the only thing "cooler" than following a trend is to follow a trend but at the same time pretend like you hate the trend. I feel like such a hypocrite. Oh well, everyone's a hypocrite to some extent. I subscribe to the classic "Everything sucks when everybody else does it, but when I do it it's ok" mantra, but at the same time hate the people who do the same, which is everyone.

Thank you internet for both creating new shitty trends and for having them exposed to me faster and to a greater degree. The last thing I need is a reminder of why everybody, including myself, sucks.

27 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

thank you, Jack, for reminding us of our roots -- the good ole days when we hated blogs and everything they stood for!!!

dammit, I feel a bloghop coming on.
I don't have time for this shit.

8:18 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

and by good old days I mean neither good nor old. I suppose there was a day in there somewhere though.

8:19 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

FUCKING THANK YOU JACK. words out of my mouth dammit. words out of my mouth only better. I've been telling people to go the fuck over to friendster for 24 hours now and leave my blog alone. I even hate the word "blog". makes me think of boogers.

bitches.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Well said Jack, but really though, drop everything this shit is funny.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/dancingroommate.html

10:25 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

ahh, I love a man in uniform.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Chejo said...

Things on the internet usually start off with a bit of curiousity and next thing you know, everyone and their momma is doing it. But at least I don't take it to the extreme.

10:03 AM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

I blame you for my blog.

-Thomas

11:22 AM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

You have no one to blame but yourself, you fool!

1:38 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

I want to see the farting preacher.

2:36 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

MB - heh, you do have a nice side. Thx!!

6:14 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

Happy Monday, Jack.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ever see that movie where Zach from "Saved by the Bell" and his roommate try to get their other roommate to kill himself so they can get good grades? And that one rock singer dude is all cynical and suicidal and angry and shit, but then they catch him singing show tunes in the bathroom because he is really just pretending to be cynical and suicidal and angry and shit. I bet you are like that guy.

4:44 PM  
Blogger ssas said...

"Can Jack come out to play?"
"Nope, Jack must have finals."
"Shit."
"And he's apparently grounded, too."
"Damn."
"Well, them's the breaks."
"Pretty harsh, aren't ya?"
"Well, don't harrass him or anything. These posts don't grow on trees, you know, missy!"

9:30 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

your over on myspace aren't ya'??

10:38 PM  
Blogger thtgrl said...

"you're", dammit.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sex where are you I"m ready to blow his shit up.

12:19 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

goddammit, he still doesn't have haloscan. That's our Jack - rage against the machine, especially when the machine is raging against the machine.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Wow thats funny my friend just asked me what's a good rage against the machine song.

Yeah I'm not down with this non haloscan shit, I had the same purist IDGAF mentally as jack for a while but then I realized haloscan increased the chances of my commentbox blowing up, which reflects well on my ego, so i gave in.

I don't think my ego, among other things, can ever get tired of being stroked.

12:28 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

among other things... mayhap that's what Jack's doing tonight?

when's finals anyway? The CU kids (oh god I'm old, I just called them kids) all went home this weekend.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I hope jack's getting laid. He never talks about getting laid, so he probably gets laid alot. He has a gf right?

Finals are in 4 weeks or so. JC gets out laaate.

12:31 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

bummer. the gf is somewhere else I think.

all he talks about is yankin the yankee.

heh, I'm crackin' myself up. MB will love me. I'm playin here all week, folks.

so, now the dilemma? Beer # 5??

12:54 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hmm, beer 5 only if you're trying to drink yourself to sleep. Unless you already cracked it.

Yankin the yankee. You came up with that one huh?

I came up with jerkin the beef.

Get it? Beef jerkey... see most people don't get it. I"m sure you did.

1:03 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

I got it. Hate to say I've heard it before. Probly when you were too young to do it.

Except you started early, didn't ya?

1:14 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

2nd grade... 2nd grade.

1:22 AM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

What the hell are you two up to?

1:24 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

hey, baby! wanna play?

2:11 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

I just got the irony of Greg and I chatting on this post, of all posts. Heh.

had fun last night. wink wink

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter