Friday, October 14, 2005

And Then In Response He Just Kind Of Stared At Me

Well, I did it. It finally came to this. I turned in a blog post for a school assignment. Completely unedited and unfiltered. I may regret this. This is what happens when you have 20 minutes to write 5 pages on an undecided topic. It'll all turn out for the best, I assume.

Regret is awful. Yet regret is all I ever feel after drinking too much. I love everyone in the room, unless they tell me to go to bed. I express this love in the form of vomit; the more you have to clean up, the more I love you.

I hate myself when I'm drunk. If I saw myself when I was drunk, I would scoff in the direction of myself, and continue to scoff in a variety of different ways throughout the course of the night. I tell every guy around me that they are awesome. Then I proceed to piss them off. I hit on every girl around me, with no forseeable intention to either sleep with them or even continue some sort of platonic relationship. It seems, in retrospect, simply designed to piss them off. And it always works, by cracky.

Most of this is told in story form after the fact, the next morning, on accounta I black the fuck out for a while. These stories are usually told in the "Oh my god, this guy was a total jackass last night" vein, followed by an extended list of offenses performed and things cleaned. God damn.

Well, whatever. Everyone usually gets over it very quickly, even before I do. I hate myself the most out of everyone who may hate me after what I did. Everything I've ever hated is manifested into my drunken self.

Not to mention being super drunk is a two day process. I had to nurse the hangover the whole next day. I didn't go to class and didn't do any work. This is what I've become.

For that night, at least. I rationalize my behavior by having long periods of time in which I do not drink. I'm better than some, right?

Right?

Gah, forget about it.

4 Comments:

Blogger ssas said...

Not to mention being super drunk is a two day process. I had to nurse the hangover the whole next day. I didn't go to class and didn't do any work. This is what I've become.

Yes, you've become a....

college student.

Congratulations, jack.

(Jeez, wish I'd been there to be hit on with no commitment required. That's awesome!)

2:13 PM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Y'know, except for one time when I mixed liquor types, I've never been really hungover.

How come all the hot ads don't hit on you?

-Thomas

8:37 PM  
Blogger MC Harv said...

Man, me an' the ads've been duking it out hardcore on an old post of mine, which didn't make any damn sense to me on accounta nobody reads old shit no more.

9:13 PM  
Blogger T Kwong said...

Holy bajeezus. You're getting raped harder than a... well I'd better not say.

-Thomas

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter