Thursday, October 11, 2007

Gastral Weeks

Query: Does anyone else out there get "faux-farts"? Those moments when you're taking a test or something that involves a room full of silent people and you suddenly feel an oncoming riot of escaped convicts in the Alcatraz of your ass; you try with all your might to hold in what is bound to be an explosive and rather embarrassing expulsion of gas; one that doesn't just make noise, it makes a statement; one that doesn't just smell, it makes people legitimately worried about your health... You successfully prevent the fart from leaving, but in doing so a strange little noise occurs. The fart feels as if it is making its way back up into the northern hemisphere of your body, but in doing so it still makes a rather bombastic noise? This happened to me on Tuesday, and I looked about the silent room embarrassed, but I could not tell if anyone had noticed or not. Maybe they were busy with the test, maybe they were glancing at each other with such secrecy I failed to notice, or maybe I was in the rare classroom where not a single person is put off by a large trumpeting from the rumpeting. Or maybe only I heard the sound. Could it be that because I internalized the fart I also internalized its noise? This is really bizarre to me; though I did not actually fart, it sounded, to me at least, exactly as though I had. I'm curious about this, medically. What the hell happened? Did the noise happen? Was it my imagination? Was any of this... real??? Where am I??? Is anything EVEN GOING ON?!?!?!?!?!?!?


...
Anyways. Sorry about my lack of presence. I promise much more activity in upcoming days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked this page today randomly and WOW HOT OFF THE PRESSES!

I bought a harmonica this week and it's really great. I mean, I don't know if you know me but I really have nothing now. I do a lot of schoolwork and I try to smile sometimes and like watch something enjoyable at the end of the day but like when you lose forever your closest confidant of 5 years because you wanted to date a pretty girl who left you a month later anyway and you feel awful and stupid and creepy and inadequate and you don't get over it even though it's been six months and you don't really lend yourself well to meeting people and if you did you'd only become completely co-dependent on them anyway because that's how you are and all the while you're realizing that none of it fucking matters anyway because you've got no skill to your name and no trade you can feasibly ply in the real world so you've really lost any humanity you have in your life and you don't have the talent to back it up and you're spending tens of thousands of dollars on a shitty liberal arts education that won't get you jack shit in the end anyway and this is all you think about for every day apart for schoolwork like you think about this in your leisure time.

But I bought a harmonica and I'm trying to play some Neil Young songs.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter